インスタントラーメン発明記念館 The Instant Ramen Museum
- Other Osaka Area
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedTuesday,New Year Holidays
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Other Osaka Area
- 8-25 Masumi-cho, Ikeda-shi, Osaka 563-0041, Japan
- Opening Hours
- Tuesday,New Year Holidays
3 minutes is never too long to wait for instant ramen if you know how it's made…
Cup noodles have been keeping my tummy satisfied during study breaks. So, I was quite excited to hear that I can make my own cup noodles as well as learn about its history at the museum.
The Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum is located in Ikeda, about 20 minutes by train from the Umeda area. The museum itself is relatively small, but it offers several interesting experiences: informative displays, the ramen tunnel which shows more than 800 ramen packages produced by Nisshin company and a cabin replica to explain Ando's major inventions, which are the first instant noodles in the world. The museum entrance is free from charge, and making your own Cup Noodles is ¥300(JPY) per cup.
Although Momofuku was a successful entrepreneur, the year before he invented instant noodles was when he had been going through great hardships. The local financial institution which he was in charge of as a chairman went bankrupt in 1957. Ando ended up losing his money. However, it apparently ignited his passion for the invention. It was interesting to know how he made his idea into reality within a year.
The major highlight was making my own cup noodles experience. Here's what you do. First, draw pictures on the cup. Then, choose the types of soup and 4 scoops of ingredients out of 12 varieties. Apparently, there are over 5000 possible combinations. Seal the cup and put it in a vinyl bag puffed with air so as not to be squashed. Ta - da!
The museum is located in front of the house where Ando spent his life. The place where he did his experiments is a few blocks away.
- English / Chinese audio guides are available in the drama theater which shows the production process of cup noodles. (¥2,000(JPY) deposit is needed)
- Most of the things are written only in Japanese.
- Since I visited in the morning on weekday, it wasn't crowded. It gets really busy on weekends and during holidays, so be careful to give yourself enough time to make your own cup noodles. Starting by 3:00 (an hour before the museum closing) is preferable. The museum is closed every Tuesday.
Do you know Momofuku Ando? He contributed his life to the development of Instant Noodle
Do you know who invented instant noodle? Momofuku ANDO devoted his life to develop the now worldly popular noodle by himself. This museum is located in Ikeda city provides everything about instant ramen. He started his experiment in his home to prepare easy, quick and long life food for hungry people since he experienced the World WarⅡ.
The museum provides information and arouses the curiosity of young children especially.
There is an instant ramen work shop where you can make your own fresh instant noodles with advanced reservation. Also your special cup noodle is easily made by choosing your favorite ingredients.
When you get out of the museum, you are sure to be an expert and a big fan of Cup Noodles and their creator.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Osaka
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.