造幣局 Japan Mint
- Osaka Castle Area
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedSaturday,Sunday, Public Holidays,cherry‐blossom season
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Osaka Castle Area
- 1-1-79 Temma, Kita-ku Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0043, Japan
- Opening Hours
- Saturday,Sunday, Public Holidays,cherry‐blossom season
You can see a variety of coins such as the oldest coins or the process of coinage
Do you know where the coins are manufactured?
It is Japan Mint located near Osaka Castle at Tenma in Osaka. Established in 1871 the facility took the lead in modernization of the nation.
Japan is now famous for its advanced technique in precision such as watches, car parts, or precision instruments. The success owes much to the mint industry. Now coinage is one of the main industries for Japan. The mint provides a free tour showing how coins are made and what kinds of coins are produced. You need to book it by phone call at least 10 days before or reservation can be made 2 months in advance.
Mint Tour is fascinating! There are Tokyo Olympics medals, people’s honor award plaque, the oldest Japanese coins named fuhonnsen, the largest coins in the world made by Hideyoshi Toyotomi and various types of world coins.
The facility is also famous for cherry blossom viewing spot where anyone can enjoy strolling and appreciating various kinds of sakura during April 9th to 15th this year.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Osaka
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.