舞子海上プロムナード (明石海峡大橋) Maiko Marine Promenade (Akashi Kaikyo Bridge)
- Around Kobe
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedSecond Monday of each Month (Open if it is a public holiday, closed on Tuesday instead), 29-31 December
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Kobe
- 2051 Higashimaikocho, Tarumi-ku Kobe-shi, Hyogo, 655-0047, Japan
- Opening Hours
- 9:30-18:00 (Golden week and Summer holiday) 9:30-19:00
- Second Monday of each Month (Open if it is a public holiday, closed on Tuesday instead), 29-31 December
A nice walk on the longest cable suspension bridge in the world
Akashi Kaikyo bridge is the longest cable suspension bridge in the world.
Maiko Marine Promenade is the tourist attraction where you can walk through the tube shaped path on the Akashi Kaikyo bridge. For those who are scared of heights, don't worry about it! The path is covered with wire net, so you won't fall. You can enjoy not only the panoramic and beautiful ocean view but also the lovely sea breeze.
If you do not join the “Bridge World Tour” (see other review page), Maiko Marine promenade will be a good alternate activity. I also recommend you visit Akashi-Kaikyo bridge exhibition center. They display how the bridge was constructed by the diorama and panels. (Apparently, when the main tower was constructed, it had to be super-accurate, so even a thin gap wasn’t allowed between each joint.) The bridge was completed without any major accidents or casualties.
There is a café besides the Marine Promenade, which faces the seaside. You can enjoy tea, coffee and ice cream there. There is a souvenir shop in the café, where they sell confectioneries and local octopus food.
The admission fee is ¥250 (JPY) (weekdays) to ¥310 (JPY) (weekends) per adult, ¥120 (JPY) (weekdays) to ¥150 (JPY) (weekends) per high school student. The admission fee varies according to the age. It is open from 9:30-18:00.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Kobe, Himeji (Hyogo)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.