白鶴造酒資料館 Hakutsuru Sake Brewery Museum
- Around Kobe
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedYear-End and New Year Holidays, Obon holiday
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Kobe
- 4-5-5 Sumiyoshiminamimachi, Higashinada-ku Kobe-shi, Hyogo, 658-0041, Japan
- Opening Hours
- 9:30-16:30 (Last admission 16:00)
- Year-End and New Year Holidays, Obon holiday
Have fun learning about the history of sake brewing (and drink some too!)
Hakutsuru Sake Brewery Museum was in operation until 1969 as an original brewery, but is now used as a museum. Sake brewing has modernized and old methods have been replaced by new techniques. As a result, old materials and tools are gradually disappearing.
The process of sake brewing, and the lives of sake brewers are displayed using models. There is an air of dignity as one walks among the aged, solid wood pillars and subdued atmosphere of the museum. The original method of sake brewing was created in the early 17th century. The most startling scene in the museum is the one that greets visitors as they enter. It depicts a huge wooden tank about to be hoisted through the ceiling to the second floor storage. Another scene shows the dining area for the brewers, so that not only brewing methods but daily living habits are also portrayed.
There is a free tasting for the Junmai nama-genshu, which is made from 100% Yamada-nishiki rice, plum and citrus liqueur. I recommend you to try a tasty soft ice cream of amazake (sweet drink made from fermented rice). It is a delight for both sake lovers and those who don't like alcoholic beverages too.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Kobe, Himeji (Hyogo)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.