国営明石海峡公園 Akashi Kaikyo National Gorvernment Park
- Squares / Parks
- Awaji Island
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedFirst Monday of February and the next day, Year-End and New Year Holidays (From 31 December to 1 January)
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Awaji Island
- 8-10 Yumebutai, Awaji-shi, Hyogo, 656-2306, Japan
- Squares / Parks
- Opening Hours
- [April-August] 9:30-18:00, [September-October・March] 9:30-17:00, [November-February] 9:30-16:30
- First Monday of February and the next day, Year-End and New Year Holidays (From 31 December to 1 January)
For flower lovers
Nature and parks lovers, this is for you! This park is full of green plants and flowers.
In the vast park area stretching for more than 300 hectares, you could take a walk, have a picnic, enjoy seasonal flowers, and immense yourself in the peaceful nature. You will be able to take memorable pictures and it would absolutely be a great activity for families, couples and friends.
Awaji Yumebutai is a multipurpose building complex that includes a conference center, restaurants and the Westin Awaji island hotel. The park and Yumebutai are adjacent to each other, so if you love flowers, drop by Kiseki no Hoshi Botanical Museum (¥600 (JPY) per adult) in Yumebutai. There are flowers and plants displayed from all over the world. You will enjoy the art of flowers which are delicately presented in each theme.
Awaji island is located in the south of Hyogo prefecture. There are several ways to get to Awaji island. You could drive to Awaji island, or take an express bus from Sannomiya / Maiko. It would take 1 hour and costs approximately ¥1500 (JPY).
A wonderful panoramic view brings you to a different world!
This park is the national government managed park and also the venue of JAPAN FLORA 2000.
The themes of the park are “live together the realms of nature and humanity” and “interaction of people”.
This huge area is around 40 hectares and it is like a seaside resort used flowers, sea, and island. The flowers seasonally in full bloom make the scenery of typical of Awaji Island. For example, tulips are most popular flower as a poem of spring. And lupines and carnations are also in full bloom. The production quantity of carnations in Awaji Island is top class in Japan and a lot of carnations are shipped to other prefectures for “Mother’s Day” every May. They are held the summer festival and the festival of plants that bloom during the autumn.
“Yumekko Land” in the lawn field is very popular among children. It features the theme for “wind”, “fire”, and “flower” including 150 playground games. So not only children but also dogs can run around as much as they want at the open space with grass. You can also borrow a ball without charge more enjoyable.
There are barbecue sites with installed kitchens. Let’s cook outdoor on a barbecue grill with your friends or families while enjoying the sea-breeze!
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Kobe, Himeji (Hyogo)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.