神戸市立博物館 Kobe City Museum (Kobe Shiritsu Hakubutsukan)
- Around Kobe
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedMonday (except for National Holidays)
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Kobe
- 24 Kyomachi, Chuo-ku Kobe-shi, Hyogo 650-0034, Japan
- Opening Hours
- 9:30-17:30 (last admission 16:30)
- Monday (except for National Holidays)
Kobe's top fine art collection
Kobe City Museum was opened to the public in 1982 but that building was originally the Bank of Tokyo, Kobe branch built in 1935.
This museum is located on Kyomachi Street, and is built like a Greek shrine with six columns.
The statue of “Jean de Fiennes” by Rodin stands on the South of the entrance. This building is registered as the registered tangible cultural property, and lit up the time from sunset till ten o’clock at night.
There are around 40,000 items including famous figure paintings such as Francisco de Xavier (Basque Roman Catholic missionary), Hideyoshi TOYOTOMI and Nobunaga ODA (famous Japanese military and political figures).
Moreover, the art objects by Heizo KANAYAMA and Ryohei KOISO, artists related to Kobe city, are owned. It also includes national heritage of “Dotaku (bronze bell)”, “Douki (bronze dagger-axe)”, and ancient map materials. When the Great Hanshin Earthquake struck Kobe on January 17, 1995, fortunately, these collections were almost all safe and none of the national treasures or other important items were damaged although the building suffered a little.
Many interesting exhibitions are held several times a year, and the souvenir shop is very big.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Kobe, Himeji (Hyogo)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.