河口湖 北原ミュージアム Lake Kawaguchiko Kitahara Museum
- Around Fujigoko
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedDecember 1-March 19(Weekdays)
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Fujigoko
- 1204-2 Kodachi, Fujikawaguchiko-machi Minamitsuru-gun, Yamanashi 401-0302, Japan
- Opening Hours
- [March 20-November 30(Open Every Day)] 9:00-17:00; [December 1-March 19(Only Weekends and Holidays)] 9:00-17:00
- December 1-March 19(Weekdays)
Antique Toy Museum at Lake Kawaguchiko
This museum exhibits and sells toys and nostalgic items at the lakeside of lake Kawaguchiko.
Mr. Kitahara is a famous personality for his toy collection and often appears in popular TV programs as an antique toy connoisseur. You can see an important part of his collection at the lake Kawaguchi Kitahara museum. If you like old-fashioned toys, this is a good place to drop by on the occasion of a visit to Mt. Fuji area.
More than 4,000 items, gathered mainly from Japan and partly from abroad, are displayed in several rooms arranged for each theme: boy’s collection, girl’s collection and music. In the girl’s collection, I was surprised by a big Barbie doll, the size of a human being.
Special exhibitions are held throughout the year too so check the schedule beforehand.
An intricate graffiti by artist Nobumasa TAKAHASHI is amazing. He drew directly on the white wall of a staircase in the building.
You can buy some retro toys and original goods at the entrance shop after the tour of the museum.
Opening hours: 9:00-17:00, 10:00-16:00 on weekday from December 1 to March 19
Closed: Open Everyday
Price: ¥800 (JPY / adult and high school student), ¥400 (JPY / junior high and elementary school student)
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Around Mount Fuji(Shizuoka, Yamanashi)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.