白米千枚田 Senmaida Rice Fields
- Around Noto-hanto
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedOpen Every Day
Japan's typical landscape
Shiroyone Senmaida (A Thousand Rice Paddies in Shiroyone) is symbolic of the scenery of "Noto's Satoyama and Satoumi" designated as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS).
The stunning view made up of numerous layers of tiny 1004 rice paddies on steep slopes with an area of 3.8 hectares with the Japan sea in the background is the exact "original scenery of Japan".
Shiroyone Senmaida is representative of terraced rice fields in Japan selected as one of the Top 100 Terraced Paddy Fields in Japan and nationally designated a "Special Place of Scenic Beauty".
The scenery of the rice paddies change with the seasons but it will be impressive and beautiful whenever you visit. However, I highly recommend that you should visit during the period of 9 November to 16 March because the place is lit up by LED at night.
The rice paddies sparkling in the darkness by 21,000 solar-powered LEDs is absolutely superb.
The roadside station "Senmaida Pocket Park" located near Senmaida is not only a great place with the best view of Senmaida but also you can have a meal and buy fascinating souvenirs like traditional crafts.
Address: Shiroyone-machi, Wajima 928-0256
Tel: +81 (0)768 23 1146
- Limited express train: About 2 hours from Kanazawa station to Anamizu station through Nanao station or Wakura Onsen station. The fare is ¥2940. Take Hokutetsu bus (Anamizu Wajima Line) to Wajima Roadside station (about 30 min). The fare is ¥760.
- Local train: About two and a half hours from Kanazawa station to Anamizu station through Nanao station or Wakura Onsen station. The fare is ¥2090. Take Hokutetsu bus (Anamizu Wajima Line) to Wajima Roadside station (about 30 min). The fare is ¥760.
- Regular bus: About 20 min from Wajima Roadside station. Get off at "Shiroyone". The fare is ¥480.
- Noto peninsula sightseeing bus "Wajima-go": Departure at 7:50 at the Kenroku-en exit bus terminal and arrive at 16:30 at the Kanazawa-ko exit at Kanazawa station. The fare is ¥7500.
- Wajima express bus: About two - two and a half hours from the the Kenroku-en exit bus terminal at Kanazawa station. Get off at Wajima Roadside station. The fare is ¥2,260.
About 10 min from Wajima Roadside station.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Kanazawa, Noto (Ishikawa)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.