千里浜なぎさドライブウェイ Chirihama Nagisa Driveway
- Around Noto-hanto
- Travelko Rating
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Noto-hanto
- Chirihamamachi, Hakui-shi, Ishikawa 925-0054, Japan
Enjoy driving on the white sandy beach
Chirihama is a rare and special beach - because it's the only beach in Japan where you can drive.
There is no time linit and the admission is free in Chirihama. Also any kind of vehicles, like a bus, a motorbike, a bicycle whatever, are permitted to drive on the beach.
Even a coach is allowed to drive freely 24 hours a day, unless the entry is prohibited for safety reasons when the waves are too high for example.
There is a cycle rental shop in a rest house close to the beach so even if you didn't bring a bicycle, you can easily rent one and use it on the beach!
Of course, you can enjoy sea-bathing in the summer. Chirihama is shallow off the shore and is suited for sea-bathing. Many families, couples, young people come to the beach every summer. The fresh fish and shellfish that offer the beach huts are very popular among the bathers too.
Between April and October, a local sand sculptor makes sculptures on the beach and you can see the process. The sculptor who won a sand sculpture contest on TV has been making sculptures on the beach since 1994.
Anyone can participate in the sand sculpture festival that is held on the first Saturday and Sunday of August.
Address: Chirihama-machi, Hakui 925-8501
Tel: +81 (0)767 22 1118
- Limited express train: About 30 min from Kanazawa station to Hakui station. The fare is ¥1670.
- Local train: About 60 min from Kanazawa station to Hakui station. The fare is ¥820.
- Sightseeing bus "Wajima-go": Departure at 7:50 at the Kenroku-en exit bus terminal at Kanazawa station. The fare is ¥7500.
About 10 min from Hakui station.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Kanazawa, Noto (Ishikawa)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.