芦ノ湖 Lake Ashi (Ashinoko)
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Hakone
- Motohakone, Hakone-machi Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa, 250-0522, Japan
- Lake / Falls
- Opening Hours
- Open Every Day
Let’s enjoy Lake Ashi riding on the Pirate’s Ship
Lake Ashi is a crater lake made about 30 million years ago by the eruption of the volcano. It is located 723m above sea level.
You can enjoy many wonderful views from and around the lake. On a clear day, you will see Mt. Fuji from the Southern end of the lake. You will also see the vermilion torii (entrance gate of the Hakone shrine) on the water. This is a very unique view. One of the best view points is Narukawa museum. You can see both Mt. Fuji and the torii gate at the same time and this is a symbolic landscape of Hakone.
It is fun to ride on the ship on the lake. There are two cruise ship companies. If you have kids, I recommend Kaizokusen (pirate’s ship) which has cannons and pirate figures on the deck. The view from the ship is also magnificent. You can ride on the small swan boat which you have to pedal by yourself too. There are also fishing boats. There are fresh water fish such as sweet fish, rainbow trout and black bass. You can taste these fish in some of the restaurants standing on the lakeside.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Yokohama, Hakone, Kamakura (Kanagawa)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.