みなとみらい21 Minato Mirai 21
Best view of Yokohama
Minato-Mirai 21 is a new landmark of Yokohama bay area. You can enjoy the nice view of the bay town both day and night as well as shopping, dining and playing in the amusement park.
Half of its land is reclaimed land. It used to be mainly the land of Mitsubishi Heavy Industry used for ship building. Yokohama redeveloped this area in the 1980’s and is now a center of leisure in the city.
The skyscraper you find near Sakuragicho station is the landmark Tower, the second highest building in Japan which was constructed in 1991 and is 296m high. I recommend you to go up to the observation desk. You can enjoy the spectacular view from the top floor! It is also nice to spend time in the bar on the 70th floor enjoying cocktails with a magnificent night view.
The bottom part of that tower is a big shopping center called Landmark Plaza and is connected with some other shopping centers. You will find Pokemon Center and Jump Shop (anime character goods shop) there.
Cosmo World is an amusement park with many attractions such as a giant Ferris wheel and roller coasters which will make you feel like you are diving into the ocean.
If you are a modern art lover, the Yokohama Museum is also a nice place to visit.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Yokohama, Hakone, Kamakura (Kanagawa)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.