100円ショップキャンドゥ（西武新宿ペペ店） 100 yen shop Can Do (Seibu Shinjuku PePe)
- Shinjuku Area
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedOpen Every Day
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Shinjuku Area
- 1-30-1 Kabukicho, Seibu Shinjuku PePe 8th Floor, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0021, Japan
- Opening Hours
- Open Every Day
Cheap but cheerful
We see a kind of 1 coin shop almost everywhere in the world, like €1 shop, $1 shop, ￡1 store etc., and I find it interesting as each country features its national backgrounds. Japan does too, and 100-yen shop has been something essential for our lives.
Let me tell you some of the features of Japan’s 100-yen shops. First, there are lots of witty gadgets which make your life a bit easier, especially for cooking and cleaning the house. Second, you’ll find many ‘kawaii’ character goods from stationery to toys, most of which are for children though, they make nice souvenirs. Third, some goods which are very unique to Japan – bento box, Furoshiki (wrapping cloth) and seasonal decorations are popular, and they are nice items for travelers.
One small tip for shoppers is to check where they were made. Though not all, the number of products made in Japan are increasing, you can check the bottom or the label of the products, and try to find Japan-made as much as possible for better quality.
There are several 100 yen shop chains in Japan, and CanDo is one of the popular ones, especially Shinjuku Pepe shop is ready to welcome customers from overseas. One shelf especially features Japanese souvenirs, which you can see the display on the top. Key chains with a sushi ornament are selling well. Needless to say, it has a good selection of food and drinks as well.
Too many items to choose? Don’t worry, everything is ¥100, you don’t even need to choose, buy them all!
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Tokyo
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.