国立科学博物館 National Museum of Nature and Science
- Travelko Rating
- Price RangeAdults 620 (JPY)
- ClosedMonday,Year-End and New Year Holidays
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- 7-20 Ueno Park, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0007, Japan
- Opening Hours
- Monday,Year-End and New Year Holidays
- Price Range
- Adults 620 (JPY)
Time travel from dinosaur period to space age
The National Museum of Nature and Science is located in Ueno park where you will find several other museums and zoological park. The landmark of this museum is a huge model of a blue whale in front of the entrance.
There are two parts, Japan Gallery and Global Gallery.
Japan Gallery consists of Japan's nature, history, organisms, people & nature and techniques in observing the nature. The building of Japan Gallery was constructed in 1930 and its interior design is elegant with stained glass windows. They exhibit various kinds of Japanese animals including the replica of the most famous Japanese dog “Hachi”.
Global Gallery consists of animals, progress in science & technology, biodiversity, evolution of life and the natural world. They have a good collection of dinosaur bones both real and replica models. You will also find the battle plane “Zero Fighter” and spacecrafts in the technology part.
And don't forget to see Theater 360. You can see a 360 degree movie in the round theater. You will feel like you are floating in the air.
They have a restaurant and a coffee shop too. The unique menu of the restaurant is a hamburg stake in the shape of a dinosaur's footprint.
Entrance fee to the permanent exhibition including the Theater 360 is ¥620 (JPY) for adult. If you are a high school student or younger, it is free of charge.
It is closed on Monday.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Tokyo
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.
No replies can be sent to you if you make an inquiry through this form.
If you would like to receive a reply from Travelko, please contact us through the Contact us button on the right of your screen and leave your full name and e-mail address so we can answer you.
We will use your comments and/or questions to improve our services.