国立新美術館 The National Art Center， Tokyo
- Art museums / Galleries
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedTuesday(if holiday, closed on Wednesday instead),Irregular,Year-End and New Year Holidays
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- 7-22-2， Roppongi ， Minato-ku， Tokyo， 106-8558， Japan
- Art museums / Galleries
- Opening Hours
- Tuesday(if holiday, closed on Wednesday instead),Irregular,Year-End and New Year Holidays
Take a look at the wavy architecture too!
A relatively new face in Tokyo, Kokuritsu Shin Bijutsukan - The National Art Center Tokyo - was built in 2007, after three and a half years of construction. The building was designed by Kisho KUROKAWA who was a prominent architect in Japan, and the unique shape of the facade like a waving curtain is popular and draws many visitors. This four-story building (there is a basement too), thanks to the glass-fronted structure, gets lots of sunlight from outside.
Although this museum has no permanent collection, take advantage of its spacious area, which is one of the largest in Japan. You can therefore relax while admiring the exhibitions. As well as enjoying exhibitions, you can use the art library where there are huge collections of arty references, magazines and catalogs. There is a restaurant and three cafes, all of which have a high ceiling and a bright open space.
In its vicinity, there are two other museums, and the area is now called the “Art triangle”. If you show the stub of one of the tickets, you'll get some kind of discount at the other two museums but it's worth checking the eligibility of any discount in advance.
Opening hours: 10:00-18:00 daily (Last entry slot 17:30), 10:00-20:00 Fridays (Last entry slot 19:30). Closed on Tuesdays (if a national holiday falls on Tuesday, it's closed the next day) and the New Year's holidays (it may differ depends on the year).
Price: It may vary depending on the exhibitions.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Tokyo
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.
No replies can be sent to you if you make an inquiry through this form.
If you would like to receive a reply from Travelko, please contact us through the Contact us button on the right of your screen and leave your full name and e-mail address so we can answer you.
We will use your comments and/or questions to improve our services.