廚菓子くろぎ Wagashi Kurogi
- Cafe Sweets
- Travelko Rating
- Price Rangelunch1,000～2,000JPY、dinner1,000～2,000JPY
- ClosedMonday(Open if it is a public holiday, closed on Tuesday instead)
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- 7-3-1Hongo, The University of Tokyo Hongo Campus, Kasuga Gate, iii-Daiwa Ubiquitous Computing Research Building(東京大学本郷キャンパス 春日門 Daiwaユビキタス学術研究館) 1st Floor, Bunkyo-ku, tokyo 113-0033, Japan
- Opening Hours
- Monday(Open if it is a public holiday, closed on Tuesday instead)
- Price Range
Japanese cafe “Kuriya Kashi Kurogi” in Hongo campus of the University of Tokyo.
This Japanese cafe is produced by an up-and-coming young chef Kurogi who is the owner of popular kaiseki cuisine restaurant “KUROGI"
They opened the cafe in May 2 years ago. I have wanted to visit here for long time. I was so happy since I came here finally.
My purpose to come here is two.
The first was eating one of Japanese sweets, ”Warabi-Mochi”. It's good for hot season because it goes down easily and makes you cool. When you eat it, you enjoy that soothing taste in your throat.
They serve specialized coffee with their sweets in the Japanese cafe. The marriage with Japanese sweets and coffee was so excellent. They have the set menu 2050 yen. Of course they have other sweets and drink. All the sweets are available by the piece and case.
The second is the architect. This cafe was designed by a famous architect, Kuma Kengo who is OB of TOKYO university. He built so many great buildings. For example, Suntory Museum of Art, Asakusa cultural tourism center, Starbucks coffee Dazaifu etc. The big one is the stadium of Tokyo Olympic in 2020. Tha will be built also by his design.
There is a comfortable terrace surrounded by greenery. That might be best for relaxing in Spring and Fall. Be careful that the reservation is not accepted. Please go there directly.
Nice place to have a break with real Japanese sweets if you go around Hongo, Tokyo. I recommend feeling the academic atmosphere walking in the university. Be careful to lose your way because huge campus.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other restaurants in Tokyo
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.
No replies can be sent to you if you make an inquiry through this form.
If you would like to receive a reply from Travelko, please contact us through the Contact us button on the right of your screen and leave your full name and e-mail address so we can answer you.
We will use your comments and/or questions to improve our services.