モエレ沼公園 Moerenuma Park
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Sapporo
- 1-1 Moerenumakoen, Higashi-ku Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido, 007-0011, Japan
- Squares / Parks
- Opening Hours
- Open Every Day
Super-size art created by a genius artist
Moerenuma used to be an isolated pond located outside Sapporo, but when Sapporo's government decided to reclaim it for landfill and anti-flood, they also decided to renovate it and make it bigger. The plan might have resulted in failure if it wasn't for the support of Mr. Isamu NOGUCHI, a world famous architect.
He devoted his life to the creation of this super artificial art of building and hills. In the hot daytime there is a man-made beach. You can also rent bicycles, and imagine yourself as a main character of the breathtaking art! Mr Noguchi used to say “I always imagine myself as a tiny human being living in the middle of the art when I create” which is a saying I remember while walking. Climbing up the artificial mountains is also fun.. And do not miss the schedule of the fountain which you can check on the internet, it will make you feel as if you are standing on the seashore.
In winter, although not all the facilities are open, there is another chance to try downhill ski, in the purely white field.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Hokkaido
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.