奥武島 Ou-jima Island
- Travelko Rating
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Tamagusuku, Nanjo, Okinawa 901-1400, Japan
Try the Okinawa-style tempura
Ou-jima island is located 40 minutes away from Naha Airport by car. Many people drive to this small island usually for a particular purpose; they drive here for the Okinawa-style tempura. Tempura is a famous Japanese cuisine and is thought to be a delicacy, however, the Okinawa-style tempura is more like an affordable snack. Its batter is thicker than the traditional tempura, and looks more like a fritter.
Once you enter Ou-jima Island, you will notice a shop with a queue of people in front waiting. This shop is the most famous tempura shop on this island. There are many types of tempura, such as fish, squid, and vegetables. The most popular tempura is the mozuku seaweed tempura. It’s best to have tempura when it’s freshly fried, so take a seat at the shop and enjoy the tempura and the ocean view.
Another tourist attraction in Ou-jima Island is the glass-bottom boat tour. You can have a peek of the colorful fish and coral reefs in the ocean which would be a entertaining experience.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Okinawa
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.
No replies can be sent to you if you make an inquiry through this form.
If you would like to receive a reply from Travelko, please contact us through the Contact us button on the right of your screen and leave your full name and e-mail address so we can answer you.
We will use your comments and/or questions to improve our services.