海中道路 Kaichu Road
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedOpen every day
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Yonashiro Yahira, Uruma-shi, Okinawa 904-2427, Japan
- Opening Hours
- Open every day
Drive in the middle of the sea
Kaichu Road is a 4.7 km long road that connects “Yokatsu-hatou (Yokatsu Peninsula)” and “Henza-jima (Henza Island)”. Both sides of the road are surrounded by the sea, making you feel like you are driving through the ocean.
At the midpoint of the road, there is a parking area called “Umi no Eki Ayahashi”. There, you can take a break and have lunch or buy souvenirs. On the second floor, there is cultural archive about the Uruma city’s ocean.
Kaichu Road is part of Road No.10, which connects several islands.
At “Hamahiga-jima (Hamahiga Island)”, an island connected to Henza-jima by a bridge, there is a hotel resort where you can enjoy lunch or have a cup of tea.
From Hamahiga-jima, if you go past “Miyagi-jima (Miyagi Island)” and over the red bridge, you will reach “Ikei-jima (Ikei Island)”. The beach here is exceptionally beautiful and is perfect for swimming.
When you drive through Kaichu Road, you must be careful not to speed. Since the road is mainly straight throughout, many people tend to go over the speed limit. Always remember to drive carefully and to follow the road indications.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Okinawa
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.
No replies can be sent to you if you make an inquiry through this form.
If you would like to receive a reply from Travelko, please contact us through the Contact us button on the right of your screen and leave your full name and e-mail address so we can answer you.
We will use your comments and/or questions to improve our services.