We, OpenDoor Inc. (hereinafter called "we," "us," "our" or "OpenDoor"), provides a certain information service (hereinafter called the "Service") which supplies various kinds of travel information, accommodation information and other associated information (hereinafter called the "Travel Information") on our comprehensive travel information and comparison site, "Travelko." We are fully and deeply aware of the importance and privacy nature of personal information (hereinafter called the "Personal Information," details of which will be defined below) relating to the users (hereinafter called the "User") of the Service, and we hereby ensure that we will take the greatest care to handle such Personal Information.
Rules for Protecting Personal Information
We will handle all of User’s Personal Information in accordance with the provisions set forth in our Rules for Protecting Personal Information. For more information on our Rules for Protecting Personal Information, please read here.
The term “Personal Information” means personal information relating to the Users which can identify a specific User by name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, email address or other description contained in such information, including, but not limited to, such information as will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of a specific User.
Personal Information Manager
The following manager shall be responsible to handle and manage any and all Personal Information regarding the Users:
Personal Information Manager
First Business Division, OpenDoor Inc.
For more information, please click here.
We will be responsible to handle and manage any and all Personal Information supplied by the Users to us on or through the websites for providing the Service (including, but not limited to, “http://www.travelko.com,” and their respective mirror sites and sub-domains, hereinafter collectively called “Our Sites.”)
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we shall in no manner have any responsibility in any of the following events:
- In the event where the User by itself discloses and/or makes known its Personal Information on and/or through any external website having a link to any of the Our Sites; or
- In the event where the User’s Personal Information is disclosed or made known due to any third person’s act who has obtained or known the User’s password, email address and/or member ID; or
- In the event where the User by itself discloses and/or makes known its Personal Information by using any mean or way other than any of the functions or features of the Service.
Purpose of Utilization of Personal Information Collected
We hereby agree that we will use the User’s Personal Information for the following purposes, and, without obtaining the User’s prior consent or except the case required and permitted by laws or regulations, we will not use it for any other purpose.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, please note that we may change or modify any of the following purposes within the scope and only to such extent reasonably considered to reasonably related to any of the aforementioned original purposes; provided, however, that such change or modification will be announced and made public to all Users on Our Sites in advance:
- Relating to Inquiries or Application, etc., about or for Travel, Accommodation, and so on:
- To disclose to any tour company, etc. the User’s Personal Information disclosed by the User on its own will in the course of the User’s inquiry, application or any other similar act about, for, or relating to, travels, accommodation, and so on.
- To contact the User in case of any trouble between such User and any tour company, etc.;
- To carry out a questionnaire survey among the Users who agree such survey.
- Relating to Inquiries to Travelko:
- To answer to inquiries, comments and/or concerns form the Users.
- Relating to Inquiries or Applications, etc., about or for Correspondent’s Blogs:
- To contact the Users who have made applications for use;
- To contact the Users, or to make information (posted information) publicly available.
- To accept applications in the course of various campaigns, to contact winners and to deliver prizes.
* Besides the aforementioned purposes of utilization, we may create and analyse statistic data which have been processed in such a way that no particular Users can be identified based on the Users’ Personal Information for the purpose of enhancing the quality and features of the Service on Our Sites. We may without any restriction make use of such statistical data by which no particular Users can be identified.
Safety Measures for Personal Information
We hereby ensure that we will take appropriate and reasonable security measures to prevent any illegal access to any Personal Information or any loss, destruction, falsification or divulgation of any Personal Information, which security measures shall be reviewed and revised continuously. We use a certain kind of encrypted communication technology based on SSL (Secure Socket Layer) on Our Sites for safety exchanges of the Users’ Personal Information.
About Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
We may provide to a tour company or companies, etc. with the Users’ Personal Information within the scope of, and only to the extent, necessary for answering to the Users’ applications and/or inquiries for, or about, travels, accommodation, etc., or other deals to, or with, such tour companies, etc.
We shall not provide to any third party or person with any User’s Personal Information without prior consent of relevant Users except the aforementioned case; provided, however, we may provide the Users’ Personal Information to a third party in any of the following cases:
- In case required by any applicable law and/or regulation;
- In case where it is necessary to provide the Personal Information for protecting the life, body and/or property of an individual and where it may be difficult to obtain the relevant User’s prior consent;
- In case where it is specifically necessary to provide the Personal Information for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and where it may be difficult to obtain the relevant User’s prior consent:
- In case where it is necessary to provide the Personal Information for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by any of the aforementioned institutions in executing any affair prescribed by laws and regulations, and where obtaining the consent of the relevant User might impede the execution of such affairs.
- In case where the provision of the Personal Information is required by any applicable law and/or regulation, or, in case where the provision of Personal Information to a third party is on a voluntary base but such third party dully has the right to accept such Personal Information pursuant to applicable laws and regulations; or
- In case where we consider that the relevant User brings, or is likely to bring, any disadvantage to us or any third party.
Entrustment of the Handling of Personal Information to an External Operator
We may entrust the handling of the Personal Information to external operators in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of utilization of the Personal Information, subject that such trustee is considered to meet certain standards and subject to the conclusion of a non-disclosure agreement between such trustee and us. In this case, we shall undertake periodic assessment of such trustee and shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the trustee.
Voluntariness of Providing Personal Information, and Effects on Users in case of Non-Providing Personal Information
The User may voluntarily provide its Personal Information to us, except for the information the provision of which is described to be essential; provided, however, in case a User does not provide us with its Personal Information necessary for us to provide each Service on Our Sites, such User is likely not to receive the whole or part of the Services.
Maintenance of the Accuracy of Personal Information
We shall try accurately to handle the Users’ Personal Information within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization of the Personal Information; provided, however, the responsibility to maintain the User’s Personal Information accurate and up-t-date shall be borne by the relevant User.
Procedures to Meet Requests for Disclosure, Correction and Discontinuance of Utilization of Personal Information
The Users can request for us to disclose, correct, delete and/or discontinue such Users’ Personal Information. Upon receiving such requests from the Users to disclose, correct, delete and/or discontinue such Users’ Personal Information, we, after confirming the identity of the Users, will meet such requests to a reasonable extent. For making requests for aforementioned disclosure, etc., please contact the following “Personal Information Handling Section, Travelko Office”
Contact for Personal Information
Do not hesitate to contact us at the following numbers if you have any inquiry, question or inquiry:
"Contact for Handling Personal Information, Travelko Office"
Tel: +81-3-3586-8707 (from 10:00 to 18:00, except Saturdays and Sundays)
For inquiry via Email form, please click here.
For answering to inquiries, we may confirm the identity of the Users based on information which enables to identify a specific User.
We may use the Personal Information obtained at the time of the Users’ inquiries for the purpose of answering to such inquiries.
The information corrected by the Cookies used on Our Sites does not include any Personal Information, so that such Cookies cannot enable us to identify any particular User.
The Users may reject to accept the Cookies by changing their respective web browser setting. But, in such a case, the Users may not receive the whole or part of the Services on Our Sites.
We may store and refer Cookies by or through a third party whom we entrust to distribute advertisements.
Up-Dated: February 2013