宇治茶道場 匠の館 Ujisadojou House of Takumi
- Uji Area
- Travelko Rating
- Price Rangelunch Average price 1,000JPY
- ClosedWednesday, New year holidays
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Uji Area
- 17-1 Ujimataburi, Uji-shi, Kyoto, 611-0021, Japan
- Opening Hours
- 11:00-17:00 (Last Order16:30)
- Wednesday, New year holidays
- Price Range
- lunch Average price 1,000JPY
You will discover the delicate taste of green tea influenced by the difference between water temperatures.
Uji is one place of producing the best quality green tea leaves all over Japan.
Uji characterizes both its way to grow green tea leaves specific to Uji and to process them.
The seeds of tea were first brought from China in 1191 by a Zen Buddhist monk and the tea cultivation has gradually extended to some places with rather warm climate and any pure rivers.
Takumi no yakata is located there on the east side bank of the Uji River.
It’s 8 minutes’ walk from Uji Station, Keihan Railway.
People usually visit HOOHDO of BYODOIN Temple, a world cultural heritage site, across the river before or after taking a break at the café.
Although we can enjoy drinking tea there, an appointment in groups beforehand will experience how to make green tea tastefully.
The tea experts show it to us politely at 1,500 JPY per person.
The hands-on experience is held twice a day except Wednesday .
In addition, we can experience the tea ceremony for about 50 minutes three times a day except for Wednesday at 1,000 JPY, including a Japanese sweet.
The other menus at the café are as follows:
powdered green tea 500 JPY
refined green tea 500 JPY
high quality green tea 500 JPY
Set menus of each come with whatever sweet we choose among 4 sweets 650 JPY
Some staffs speak English but they don’t have a menu in English.
Since this is a café, we don’t need to stand in lines for a long time even during lunch time.
Is the review useful to plan your trip??
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other restaurants in Kyoto
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.