大阪箕面市ハイキング Osaka Minoh Hiking
- Walk around (Squares / Parks)
- Other Osaka Area
- Travelko Rating
Enjoy the view of beautiful nature and the taste of momiji leaves!
Osaka, known for its vibrant atmosphere, shopping meccas and great local food, has actually more to offer including beautiful scenery. A day trip (or even half-day trip would work, too) to Minoh is a great gateway to reconnect to nature and appreciate truly picturesque scenery. Minoh area is only half an hour distance from the center of Osaka and Umeda.
What to do:
Minoh is a suburban town in northern Osaka, and it is especially popular in autumn among those who cherish colorful momiji leaves. Leaves usually start to color around mid-November to early December. The hiking in Minoh forest takes you to Mihoh waterfalls, acknowledged as one of Japan’s Top 100 Waterfalls, as the highlight of the day. From the station to the waterfall is less than a one hour walk, yet you are recommended to dress in layers in case of it gets chilly in the forest.
What to taste:
Don’t miss some local specialties found in the stores along the street near the station. Momiji tempura is literally deep-fried momiji leaves, which should be an interesting experience for visitors. Steamed chestnut, momiji senbei, a cracker topped with momiji leaves and other local foods are also available in the souvenir shops. Enjoy the sights and taste of momiji leaves.
How to get there:
A 30 minute train ride from Hankyu-Umeda station. (Take Hankyu-Takarazuka line, and switch to Hankyu-Minoh line at Ishibashi station)
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Osaka
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.