ゼー六(道修町店) Zeroku Doshomachi
- Other Osaka Area
- Travelko Rating
- Price Rangelunch Average price 1,000JPY、dinner Average price 1,000JPY
- Closed[July-September]Sunday, Public Holidays, [October-June]Saturday, Sunday, Public Holidays
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Other Osaka Area
- 2-5-9 Doshomachi, Itoyoshi Building 1st Floor, Chuo-ku Osaka-shi, Osaka, 541-0045, Japan
- Opening Hours
- [Mon-Fri]7:30-18:30, [Sat]9:00-17:00
- [July-September]Sunday, Public Holidays, [October-June]Saturday, Sunday, Public Holidays
- Price Range
- lunch Average price 1,000JPY、dinner Average price 1,000JPY
Famous Ice-Monaka of a small café – good destination for people who have a sweet tooth
In the business district called Dosho-machi, there is a small café with a history of over 100 years. Its name is “Ze-roku” and it is famous for “Ice-Monaka.”
Monaka means a stuffed wafer cake; a kind of traditional Japanese sweet. The wafer is made of sticky rice and usually it is filled with sweet bean paste. Ice-Monaka of Ze-roku, however, contains ice cream instead of sweet bean paste.
There are five flavors of ice cream in Ze-roku; vanilla, matcha (green tea), strawberry, cocoa and azuki (sweet beans) . All of them are handmade and delicious! Each flavor is moderately sweet and has its own taste. Vanilla is a little bit icy like sherbet, Matcha has the slightly bitter flavor of Japanese green tea and Azuki tastes like a traditional Japanese sweets. The outer wafer is thin and crispy.
Ice-Monaka are sold only for take-out. It’s OK to buy only one, therefore, some people get one Ice-Monaka and eat it while walking around outside.
The prices are as follows:
Vanilla / Matcha / Cocoa - ¥130 each
Strawberry / Azuki - ¥195 each
In the café space, Ice-Monaka isn’t on the menu but you can order the ice creams (without outer wafers) in the same five flavors as Ice-Monaka. They serve a variety of coffee, tea and juice too. If you are a coffee person and have a sweet tooth, Ze-roku will be a good destination!
For information, Dosho-machi is not a major tourist destination, but is known as a “district of medicine”; because many drug companies have long been located in this area. Sukunahiko Shrine in Dosho-machi has been said to offer blessings for the cure of diseases, and are worshipped by many people who pray for recovery from illness for themselves or their family.
Website of Sukunahiko Shrine:
Is the review useful to plan your trip??
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other restaurants in Osaka
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.