- Ramen (Chinese Noodles) Maze Soba
- Other Osaka Area
- Travelko Rating
- Price Rangelunch Average price 1,000JPY、dinner Average price 1,000JPY
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Other Osaka Area
- 3-8-18 Utsubohon-machi, Nishi-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 550-0004, Japan
- Ramen (Chinese Noodles)
- Maze Soba
- Opening Hours
- 11:00-15:00, 18-00-21:30
- Price Range
- lunch Average price 1,000JPY、dinner Average price 1,000JPY
Awaza Ramen Talent
Ramen is popular all across Japan, and people working ramen shops find themselves there after having worked in a variety of different industries. In Awaza, the shop Sakura Saku was created by Ohata Erika, a former television personality. After spending a few years appearing on different variety shows, Ohata stepped away from the life of celebrity and entered the world of ramen. She trained at famous shop Menya Jikon, after which she opened her own shop.
Sakura Saku has a very light atmosphere and although it’s not that large, it has a few tables and is easy to get into. All of the staff are girls, and they wear yukatas while serving ramen, which is strange, but gives it a unique vibe.
There is a wide variety of different dishes you can get, from chicken miso ramen to limited time only Korean maze soba. The standard bowls, though, are the sakura flower shio ramen, and the chicken paitan ramen, for light and rich soup lovers, respectively. The sakura shio ramen runs ¥750 and the chicken paitan goes for ¥850. They also offer lunch sets that come with rice or fried chicken, and all day they offer free black tea that promises to cut down fat absorption.
On my first trip I tried the sakura flower shio ramen, which is light with a strong onion flavor, which should be evident given how the surface is covered in them. The mountain of onions is topped with not a cherry, but a sakura cherry blossom, mostly there for decoration, but with an aroma of its own. The other standout of the bowl was a piece of sweet potato, an earthy change of pace with a welcome bit of texture in the clean bowl.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other restaurants in Osaka
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.