富士山 Mount Fuji
- World Heritages Nature / Scenic spots (Mountain / Valleys)
- Around Gotemba and Fuji
- Travelko Rating
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Gotemba and Fuji
- Kitayama, Fujinomiya, Shizuoka Prefecture 418-0112, Japan
- World Heritages
- Nature / Scenic spots (Mountain / Valleys)
Boundary between the heaven and the earth
There are several climbing routs on Mt. Fuji and most of them have 5th station or new 5th station around half way to the summit. The 5th station mentioned here is the one on Subaru line on the north side of Mt. Fuji, which joins Yoshida climbing trail. Subaru line is the name of the toll road and it ends at the 5th station. From here, climbers have to hike for good 5 or 6 hours to the top.
The altitude at the 5th station is 2305m. Traditionally, it was regarded as the boundary between the heaven and the earth. Things have changed and now the 5th station has become a commercialized place. You cannot expect quietness, solitude, virgin nature or things you usually expect in mountains but you do enjoy nice views and unique atmosphere that people surrounding Mt. Fuji create. The view below you is especially good. It may be lakes, forests and towns or sea of clouds depending on a weather condition. In any case, you may feel that it is indeed the boundary between the heaven and the earth.
There are rest houses which have souvenir shops and restaurants, a shrine and an information center. The rest houses sell all kinds of souvenirs. At the restaurants or the cafes, you will find Mt. Fuji curry, Mt. Fuji melon-flavored bread, Mt. Fuji boxed lunch etc. There is also a post office and letters sent from there will have a special post mark. At the information center, you can see some exhibits and a video about Mt. Fuji.
It is about 50 minutes’ trip from Kawaguchiko station to the 5th station by bus. The number of bus service is limited apart from climbing season, so check the schedule before you go. The access to the 5th station is often hindered by snow and icy road condition from December to mid-April.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Around Mount Fuji(Shizuoka, Yamanashi)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.