輪島の朝市 Morning Market in Wajima
- Around Noto-hanto
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedSecond monday and fourth wednesday every month, New Year Holidays (From 1 January to 3 January)
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Noto-hanto
- Hontyou St., Kawaimachi, Wajima-shi, Ishikawa 928-0001, Japan
- Opening Hours
- Second monday and fourth wednesday every month, New Year Holidays (From 1 January to 3 January)
A morning market with over 1000 years of history
It takes about a few minutes from the bus stop, Wajima marine town on foot. It is near Wajima port. You can see some ships, boats, cruisers and the sea of Japan.
In 2001, Wajima train station was abolished. So, if you use public transport, a bus is the only way to reach Wajima. The morning market takes place in a street called "Asaichi-dori" and it is usually very lively with many people shopping and talking.
Wajima morning market is one of the three major morning markets in Japan. The others are "Miyagawa morning market " in Takayama city, Gifu prefecture and "Katsuura morning market" in the Chiba prefecture.
On special ceremony days of shrines in Wajima, an exchange market took place. It marks the beginning of Wajima morning market. It is said that it started in the Heian period (794-1185).
The tradition of Wajima morning market is warm communication between buyers and sellers. Actually, in the early morning, many products with no price tags are displayed on the market. And, buyers and sellers decide their prices after negotiations.
You can see many products on the market. There are fresh and dried seafood, seaweed, vegetables, sweets, flowers, lacquerware called Wajima lacquerware, porcelain called Kutani ware and original handicrafts.
It is very interesting even just walking on the street.
There are many souvenirs from cheap to expensive. This market is a very good place to find souvenirs. Actually, there are many goods that can only be bought here.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Kanazawa, Noto (Ishikawa)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.