輪島の朝市 Morning Market in Wajima
- Around Noto-hanto
- Travelko Rating
- ClosedSecond monday and fourth wednesday every month, New Year Holidays (From 1 January to 3 January)
Maps are rarely carried out with accessing from mainland China.
- Around Noto-hanto
- Hontyou St., Kawaimachi, Wajima-shi, Ishikawa 928-0001, Japan
- Opening Hours
- Second monday and fourth wednesday every month, New Year Holidays (From 1 January to 3 January)
Morning Market over 1000 years of history
It takes about a few minutes from the bus stop, Wagima Marine Town on foot. It is near the Wagima Port. We can see some ships, boats, cruisers and the Sea of Japan.
In 2001, Wagima Train Station was abolished. So, if we use public transport, a bus is the only way to reach Wagima. There seemed to be not so many people near the bus stop. But, when I went to Asaichi-dori where the morning market takes place, the street was full of people and lively atmosphere. It was beyond my expectation.
Wagima Morning Market is one of the three major morning markets in Japan. Others are Miyagawa Asaichi in Takayama city, Gifu prefecture and Katsuura Asaichi in Chiba prefecture.
On special ceremony days of Wagima's shrines, an exchange market took place. It was the beginning of Wagima Morning market. They say that it started since the Heian period (794-1185 AD) in Japan.
And, the tradition of Wagima Morning Market is warm communication between buyers and sellers. Actually, in the early morning, many products with no price tags are displayed on the market. And, buyers and sellers decide their prices after negotiations. They enjoy each other. And, it is often the case that a seller gives something extra to a buyer.
We can see many products on the market. There are fresh and dried seafood, seaweed, vegetables, sweets, flowers, lacquer ware called Wajimanuri, porcelain called Kutaniyaki and original handicrafts.
It is very interesting just walking on the street.
And, we can enjoy eating samples of seafood and sweets casually.
There are many souvenirs from cheap to expensive. This market is a very good place to find souvenirs. Actually, there are many goods only to buy here. And, if you visit Wagima Asaichi, please find only-one goods for your souvenirs.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Kanazawa,Noto (Ishikawa)
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.