合羽橋通り Kappabashi Street
- Shopping (Shopping areas)
- Ueno / Asakusa / Tokyo Skytree Area
- Travelko Rating
Realistic food samples in Kitchen Street
Kappabashi Shopping Street is known as Kitchen Street. If you are planning to open a restaurant or a food business, you can buy everything you need here.
There are about 170 shops and they sell all kinds of things related to the food business. You will find cooking equipment, tableware made of different materials such as ceramic, porcelain, wood and lacquer, knives, chopsticks, waiter and waitress' uniforms, signboards, ad displays, decoration tools such as paper lanterns which you often find at the entrance of Yakitori restaurant. It is very interesting to just walk around and see the shops even if you don't cook.
Today, there are many foreign tourists there. The most popular thing among them is food samples. They are made of mainly synthetic resin. They can make all kinds of food from rice, spaghetti and ramen to even liquids like beer, and they all look real! If you make a reservation, you can try to make food samples by yourself at Ganso Shokuhin Sample-ya.
Not many shops are open on Sundays and holidays. And some shops are wholesalers and they don't sell to individual customers.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Tokyo
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.