合羽橋通り Kappabashi Street
- Shopping (Shopping areas)
- Ueno / Asakusa / Tokyo Skytree Area
- Travelko Rating
How about finding realistic food sample for souvenir in Kitchen Street?
Kappabashi Shopping Street is known as Kitchen Street. If you are planning to open a restaurant or food business, you can buy everything you need here.
There are about 170 shops and they sell all kinds of things related to food business. You will find cooking equipment, tableware made of different materials such as ceramic, porcelain, wood and lacquer, knifes, chopsticks, uniforms of waiter and waitress, signboards, advertising displays, decoration tools such as paper lantern which you often find at the entrance of Yakitori restaurant. It is very interesting just walking around and see the shops even though you don't cook.
Today, I see many foreign tourists there. The most popular thing among them is food samples. They are made of mainly synthetic resin. They can make all kinds of food from rice, spaghetti and ramen to even the liquid like beer, and they all look real! If you make a reservation, you can try to make food sample by yourself at Ganso Shokuhin Sample-ya.
Before visiting there, please remind two things. Not many shops are open on Sundays and holidays. And some shops are wholesalers and they don't sell to the individual customers.
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Tokyo
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.