札幌駅前通地下歩行空間 チ・カ・ホ Sapporo Underground Pedestrian Space (Chi-Ka-Ho)
- Walk around (Squares / Parks)
- Around Sapporo
- Travelko Rating
your smart Sapporo navigator
Being expert of Chikaho (an abbreviation of chika-hokou-kuukan, meaning underground space for the pedestrians) means you are now very quick mover in the centre of Sapporo.
Chikaho is the underground pass between only JR Sapporo Station and subway Odori Station, but it connects to the other shopping underground arcade named Poletown, so you can walk on to Susukino. Compared with Poletown, Chikaho is open and used as a park on the street, so there's more places for the event. (Luckily enough, however, the large drugstore locates at Odori side）.
One of the smart ways of using Chikaho is finding the sign of AKARENGA TERASS very close to the Sapporo Station. As the name shows, it is the exit for the Akarenga (red bricks) building, that is also well-known as a former Hokkaido Government building. So following this sign, you can call on the spot comfortably even under snowy day of Hokkaido winter!
Another happy idea to use Chikaho is to find giant 9 and use the elevator next to it. Get it off and turn the next corner right--- to follow the shortcut to the Clocktower!
- * The information above is from the date of the review. Please be aware that some of the content may vary from the most recent information.
Other Sightseeing Spots of Hokkaido
Do you need more information?
Your requests are highly appreciated. Please send your feedback by filling out this form.
- e.g. I would like to know your recommendation for Seafood restaurants in Santorini.
- e.g. I would like to have information about the highest bungy spot.
- e.g. Would need information about a specific city
- e.g. Information is not correct, not the latest one.